The South Park rebirth of a Dilworth favorite offers a new vibe with some cherished carryovers
April 14, 2022
A raffle is taking place to support the family behind Meshugganah
The Charlotte culinary community is coming together to raise money for one of their own. A new fundraiser, with support from Charlotte’s food community, is raising money for the Meshugganah chef/owner Rob Clement and his family after Rob’s wife, Franki, was diagnosed with cancer. Spearheaded by Team Rose Bread‘s Douglas Rose, a raffle is now live featuring exclusive dining experiences from some of the best chefs in town. Rose hopes the fundraiser will give the Clements support that will enable them to focus on family.
“There was an instant sense of urgency for him, wanting him to be present for his family and not have to worry about doing pop-ups et cetera in the short term, so that he could prioritize what I would consider as most important,” Rose says.
Called Together at the Table, the experiences up for grabs include the following:
- A seven-course dinner for four with beverage pairings at The Stanley
- A backyard barbecue for four with Resident Culture beer at The Goodyear House
- Dinner for two at Counter-
- An Israeli dinner cooked by chef Shai Fargian of Yafo in your backyard
- A four-course dinner for six with pairings at The Porter’s House in the private Whiskey Room
- A pizza evening for four with Bird Pizzeria and Team Rose Bread
- Two tickets to a cooking class at Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen with wine
- 8 weeks of a CSA from Small City Farm
Additional offerings include gift cards, cakes, and more. Raffle tickets cost $25, and the funds raised will help support the Clements’ medical expenses as well as help support the family when Meshugganah is unable to hold pop-ups — all while making a statement.
“The goal of this was not only to help Rob in a tangible way, but also to send him a very clear message that he’s not alone, which obviously when you’re going through something, what he’s going through, is probably the thing that he is prone to feel most: isolated, alone,” Rose says. “And so the goal being, let’s rally people that care about him. And that’s what hopefully he hears more than anything else.”
Purchase tickets here through April 28. The raffle winners will be announced via video on April 29.