An Argentinian-influenced steakhouse that could use more inspiration
Help us recognize the best in Charlotte
SUBSCRIBE TO READ THIS STORY
Hey there! Thanks for checking out Unpretentious Palate. We believe that good journalism shouldn’t be given away for free. We’re supported by subscribers who believe that, too!
Monthly subscription: $9.99
Annual subscription: $99.99 (an $20 savings)
AS A SUBSCRIBER, YOU GET ...
- The latest food news, including restaurant openings and closings
- Restaurant reviews written by a respected and unbiased food critic
- A packed calendar of food, cocktail, and wine events
- Invites and discounted tickets to UP dinners and events
- Suggestions for where to eat for any occasion
- Your questions answered each week
Kristen Wile, our editor and lead writer, became one of the city’s most trusted voices in food and local restaurants as the food editor of Charlotte’s city magazine before leaving to start Unpretentious Palate.
At UP, you’ll find ethical food journalism that isn’t based on free meals. We’ll be your taste testers around the city, letting you know where you can’t miss and where to skip. And we’ll ban any condescending food-writer speak. We’ll tell you the dishes we love, where to go on date night, and the best places for cocktails. You can trust us.
Read more about us here.