An overlooked food truck serving tacos near the airport
April 21, 2021
Traits: Warm demeanor. Dedicated to learning. Comfortable acknowledging and adjusting to criticism. Adaptable. Hustle during busy shifts. Self-motivated and productive during slow times. Team-oriented.
Not Just Coffee cooks are a foundational part of our kitchen environment and production. They create our friendly and welcoming kitchen environments. Cooks are expected to have studied, learned, and mastered all aspects of our food preparation and education. They are expected to respond promptly to work-communication via text, email, and Slack, checking each at the beginning and end of each scheduled shift. Cooks are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their shop by upholding all health department standards. Comfortable with thoroughly following our open, mid, closing and weekly checklists.
Our cooks are team players, helping out when coworkers need schedule coverage and making sure all shift tasks are complete before leaving so the next shift is set up for success. They quickly step in to help when needed. Cooks are engaged in ongoing education, through cross-training. Basic duties include:
- Top-notch customer service + interpersonal skills
- Food knowledge + prep
- Always following health department standards
- Following checklists throughout the day
- Keep up with Slack communication, alert about needed items
- Deep cleaning - maintain cleanliness of whatever 2-3 designated tasks you’ve chosen to take responsibility for
- Take responsibility for orders delivered during your shift, checking invoice and putting away products